If you slip and fall on another person’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere from icy sidewalks to slippery grocery store floors. These types of accidents can be dangerous, resulting in serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and bone fractures.
Reach Out to a Los Angeles Slip and Fall Attorney
If you or your loved one have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in the Los Angeles area, you may have a compensation claim. At Saeedian Law Group, our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in premises liability law, including slip and fall cases. We have a proven track record of obtaining compensation for victims in Los Angeles and are ready to discuss your case with you. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with our injury attorney and learn more about your legal rights.
Slip and fall accidents can happen virtually anywhere, from people’s homes to business locations. Anytime someone spills liquid, another person can potentially slip on the liquid. Another common cause involves winter weather. When property owners don’t properly care for icy sidewalks and stairways, the likelihood of accidents increases. At Saeedian Law Group, we represent clients throughout Los Angeles in a wide range of slip and fall cases, including:
- Accidents that take place on carpet, linoleum, tile, or concrete
- Accidents that take place in apartment complexes
- Accidents that happen due to poor lighting
- Accidents caused by a lack of handrails on a staircase
- Accidents that occur on driveways, sidewalks, or walkways
- Accidents that take place on elevators or escalators
- Accidents that take place in supermarkets
- Accidents that take place at marinas
- Accidents that occur when rain, snow, sleet, or ice are present
- Indoor and outdoor accidents
Proving Liability After a Slip and Fall Accident
California property owners owe guests and customers a legal duty to protect them from unreasonable harm on their property. Not all slip and fall accidents lead to liability and the recovery of compensation. Instead, to succeed in a slip-and-fall claim, the victim must prove that the property owner or manager acted negligently. A property owner or manager is negligent for a slip and fall accident when he or she:
- Leased, owned, occupied, or controlled the property where the accident occurred
- The defendant negligently maintained the property
- The plaintiff was harmed by slipping and falling on the property, and
- The defendant’s negligence was a substantial factor in causing the plaintiff’s injuries
Proving negligence in Los Angeles slip and fall cases can be challenging. A defendant is negligent regarding the use or maintenance of his or her property when:
- The condition of the property created an unreasonable risk of harm
- The defendant knew or should have known about the dangerous condition, and
- The defendant failed to repair the condition, give adequate warning about the condition, or protect against harm from the condition
We Will Thoroughly Investigate Your Claim
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, time is of the essence. Proving that the property owner in Los Angeles knew or should have known about the dangerous condition can be challenging.
For example, suppose a customer slips on a puddle in a grocery store and becomes injured. In that case, proving that there was a slippery surface can be challenging, especially if a store clerk immediately comes and cleans up the spill. Reaching out to a slip and fall accident lawyer soon after the accident can help you gather and protect evidence that the defendant’s negligence caused his or her injuries.
When you work with the attorneys at Saeedian Law Group, you can rest assured that we will immediately begin investigating your case and gathering evidence. Our attorneys will treat your case with attention and care, identifying all the potentially liable parties to ensure you are receiving the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. Some of the essential types of evidence we will gather during the investigation phase include:
- Maintenance records
- Witness testimony
- Evidence of prior incidents of slip and fall accidents on the premises
- Photographs proving the dangerous conditions that caused your accident
- Video surveillance
- Police reports
Damages Available in Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries, including spinal cord injuries, bone fractures, and traumatic brain injuries. The medical treatment for these injuries is expensive and begins to add up quickly. As you pursue a claim for compensation, it’s crucial that you understand all of the past, current, and future expenses you will incur. At Saeedian Law Group, we will work with you to compile a comprehensive list of all of your medical expenses. We will create a comprehensive list of all of your invoices, medical records, and other expenses related to the slip and fall accident so we can pursue compensation for:
- Economic damages, such as future medical expenses, past medical bills, lost wages, unemployment due to physical injury, and more
- Non-economic damages, including disfigurement, disability, pain and suffering, and diminished quality of life
- Punitive damages when the defendant acted willfully or wantonly
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth?
This is one of the most common questions we are asked. Every personal injury case is unique, and the value of the claim depends on multiple factors, including the severity of the victim’s injuries.
The amount of money you have lost due to your injuries, your ability to maintain gainful employment in the future, and how your injuries have affected your personal relationships will all be considered in determining the value of your case. Our injury accident lawyers in Los Angeles work diligently to ensure that your claim encompasses all of the economic and non-economic losses you have suffered.
Contact a Los Angeles Slip and Fall Attorney
If you are someone you loved and have become seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in Los Angeles, the attorneys at Saeedian Law Group are here to help. Contact us as soon as possible to schedule your free initial consultation and learn more about your legal options.