Broken bones can be painful and debilitating personal injuries. When broken bones are caused by car accidents, slip and falls, or any other type of negligence, injury victims may be entitled to significant compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered a broken bone injury, you need a compassionate and skilled Los Angeles bone injury attorney at your side.
At Saeedian Law Group, we regularly handle a wide range of personal injury claims, including those involving broken bones. No matter what type of accident caused your injury, we will work to hold the responsible party accountable and fight to win you just compensation. We offer free consultations and we never charge a fee until we obtain a recovery for you. Contact us today to get started.
Why Broken Bone Injuries Happen In Los Angeles
Broken bones or fractures can occur for several reasons, but are often the result of negligence arising from:
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists are required to obey traffic laws, but drivers in Los Angeles must be aware of their surroundings at all times and look out for bicycle riders
- Car accidents – Even minor car accidents can lead to broken bones; however, high-impact collisions can result in crushed bones and other catastrophic injuries
- Construction accidents – Falls are the leading cause of injury at construction sites, resulting in fractured arms, legs, and other broken bones
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians have the right of way in California, pedestrian accidents caused by distracted drivers often result in serious broken bone injuries
- Slip and falls – Slip and fall accidents caused by spills, cracked sidewalks, broken steps, and other hazards often result in bone breaks in the hands, wrists, shoulders, legs, and ankles
- Truck accidents — Commercial truck accidents often result in broken bone injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles, including multiple fractures and crushed bones
Our firm has the skills and experience to handle all types of accident claims, prove the other party’s negligence, and help you obtain the financial and medical resources you need to recover from your injuries.
Common Broken Bone Injuries
Many types of bone fractures can occur in an accident, such as:
- Hairline fracture – a small crack or bruise that does not result in complete separation of the bone which may go undetected in an X-ray
- Simple fracture – a type of bone fracture that does not pierce the skin and heals after several weeks of wearing a cast
- Compound fracture – a medical emergency that occurs when a broken bone splits and pushes through the skin, often requiring surgery
- Avulsion fracture – a bone fracture in which a piece of the bone separates from a tendon or ligament
- Buckle fracture – occurs when a bone severely bends or “buckles” but doesn’t fracture completely
- Transverse Fracture – a fracture that occurs vertically across the surface of the bone, causing the bone to snap into two pieces
- Comminuted Fracture – occurs when a bone is crushed or breaks into multiple pieces, commonly caused by car accidents
Minor fractures typically heal quickly, however serious broken bone injuries may require surgery and extensive physical therapy.
How Saeedian Law Group Can Help
If you have suffered a broken bone injury, let us handle all the details of your claim. Our capable Los Angeles personal injury attorney will:
- Investigate the accident that caused your injury
- Collect evidence, including police reports and emergency room records
- Identify and interview witnesses
- Gather medical evidence to support your claim
- Obtain expert testimony showing how your injury limits your work and daily activities
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement with the insurance company and their attorneys
While many broken bone injury claims can be resolved through settlement negotiations, we are always ready to litigate to achieve the best possible outcome. You can depend on us to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Damages You Can Recover for a Broken Bone Injury
In a broken bone injury claim, you may be entitled to compensatory damages that include economic and non-economic damages.
Also referred to as special damages, economic damages are awarded for actual monetary losses related to your injury, such as:
- Medical expenses – past and future
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Property damage
Also referred to as general damages, non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for intangible losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In addition to compensatory damages, you may also be awarded punitive damages if the responsible party’s conduct was egregious or unlawful (e.g. DUI, assault). These damages are intended to punish that party’s misconduct and deter others from taking part in similar behavior.
Contact An Experienced Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorney Today!
A broken bone injury can prevent you from working and limit your day-to-day activities. A catastrophic bone fracture can be life-altering. With so much at stake, it is crucial to have compassionate, skilled representation Saeedian Law Group provides. Once you become our client, you will have peace of mind knowing that our experienced bone injury lawyers are in your corner. Contact us today for a free consultation.