Saeedian Law Group has extensive experience handling Lyft accidents throughout Los Angeles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Lyft accident, we will provide you with compassionate, effective representation when you need it most.
Although Lyft and its drivers are required to carry liability insurance coverage, going up against an insurance company can be challenging. Whether you were injured as a Lyft passenger or your vehicle was struck by a Lyft driver, we can help. Our ridesharing accident attorney has in-depth knowledge of the insurance rules governing rideshare services and will work strategically to get you the compensation you deserve.
When you become our client, we will determine whether you have a valid claim against Lyft, its driver, or a third party, and make sure your rights are protected. You can depend on our experienced Lyft accident attorney to work in your best interests at all times and stand by you every step of the way. Contact our office today for a free consultation.
Factors Involved in a Lyft Accident
Lyft has become popular because it offers people a convenient way to get around Los Angeles. At the same time, there are several factors particular to rideshare accidents, including:
- Drivers own their vehicles and typically do not have commercial driver’s licenses.
- Drivers follow their own schedules and work long shifts, which increases the risk of driver fatigue.
- Drivers use GPS navigation and smartphones to connect with and transport passengers, increasing the risk of distracted driving.
Notably, Lyft only requires drivers to be licensed for 1 year and be at least 25 years old. While the company does criminal background checks, Lyft does not drug test its drivers. Another factor contributing to Lyft accidents is that there are approximately 300,000 rideshare drivers on the road in California, making the roads and highways even more congested and increasing the likelihood of accidents.
Who is liable for a Lyft accident in Los Angeles?
Determining liability for a Lyft accident depends on whether:
- The Lyft driver was logged onto the app
- A ride had been accepted and the Lyft driver was retrieving the passenger
- The Lyft driver was transporting the passenger to their destination
When the rideshare app is off, the Lyft driver’s personal automobile insurance is in force and will be the primary source of coverage. The driver must carry the required minimum liability coverage in California:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person
- $30,000 for injury or death to more than one person
- $5,000 of property damage coverage per accident
If the app is on, but the Lyft driver has yet to connect with a passenger, the driver must carry additional coverage:
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $30,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident
In addition, Lyft is also required to provide an additional $200,000 in liability insurance coverage during this period. When a passenger is being transported, Lyft must carry a minimum of $1 million in liability insurance; this will be the primary source of coverage.
Lyft’s coverage may not be enough to cover serious injuries, so it may also be necessary to tap the Lyft driver’s policy. Moreover, another driver may have caused or contributed to the accident, which means your claim may involve Lyft’s insurance company, the driver’s insurer, and other drivers and their insurers.
Why Choose Us?
As you can see, determining liability for a Lyft accident is complicated, which makes it crucial to have a capable injury attorney handle your claim. Trust Saeedian Law Group to guide you through the process and make sure your rights are protected. Our attorneys will:
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Obtain and review police reports
- Interview any witnesses, including the Lyft driver
- Subpoena the Lyft driver’s smartphone and GPS data and Lyft’s records
- Obtain medical evidence that supports your claim
- Negotiate a settlement with Lyft and the driver’s insurance companies
- File a personal injury lawsuit if necessary
You can depend on our sharp negotiating and trial skills to get you the compensation you need and deserve. Depending on the circumstances, you may be awarded economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitative cost
- Present and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Money cannot undo the physical and emotional harm you have suffered, but you deserve compensation that will cover all your future medical and financial needs.
Contact An Experienced Los Angeles Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Being injured in a Lyft accident can be overwhelming, it is imperative to hire the right attorney. When you come to Saeedian Law Group, you will have comfort knowing a compassionate, skilled injury attorney is on your side. We handle all injury claims on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing to us until we obtain compensation for you. Contact our office today so we can start working on your claim.