Filing a personal injury claim after an Uber accident in Los Angeles is complicated. Rideshare drivers and providers follow different insurance rules than other drivers and determining liability depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. The best way to protect your rights is to work with an experienced Uber accident attorney.
At Saeedian Law Group, we are committed to holding rideshare companies and their drivers accountable for accidents resulting in injuries to passengers, other motorists, and pedestrians. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, we can help. Our attorneys understand the complicated insurance rules at play in rideshare accidents and will work tirelessly to get you just compensation.
We offer free consultations and will charge no attorneys’ fees until we recover for you. Contact us today so we can start working on your claim.
Factors Involved in Uber Accidents
With more than 300,000 rideshare drivers currently operating in California, Uber accidents are not uncommon. Most of them are due to the negligence of Uber drivers, other motorists, or both. However, several factors contribute to Uber accidents, including:
- Uber only requires drivers in Los Angeles to be licensed for 1 year and clear a background check, but drivers are not routinely or randomly drug-tested or fingerprinted
- Uber drivers typically work part-time, have more than one job, and drive long shifts, which makes them more susceptible to drowsy driving than other motorists
- Uber drivers rely on GPS navigation and smartphones to locate and transport passengers, which increases the risk of distracted driving
Regardless of what caused the Uber accident that led to your injuries, trust Saeedian Law Group to provide you with compassionate, skilled representation and dependable service. We know how to hold big tech companies like Uber and their drivers accountable and will handle your personal injury claim with care and diligence.
Insurance Coverage in an Uber Accident
Our Uber accident attorney will help explore all your options for recovering damages. While these claims can and should be settled through negotiations with the insurers, coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident:
- Was the Uber driver logged into the app?
- Was the Uber driver connected to a passenger?
- Was the Uber driver on the way to retrieve the passenger?
- Was the Uber driver transporting the passenger to their destination?
When the app is not activated, the Uber driver’s personal automobile personal insurance is in force. All drivers in California must carry minimum amounts of liability coverage:
- $15,000 bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $5,000 of property damage coverage per accident
When the app is on, but the Uber driver is not connected with a passenger, the driver must carry additional liability insurance in the following amounts:
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $30,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident
Uber is also required to provide additional liability coverage of $200,000 during this period.
Finally, when an Uber driver is traveling with a passenger, Uber is required to provide a mandatory minimum of $1 million in automobile insurance; this will be the primary source of coverage for damages. This is a complicated insurance scheme even without the possibility of another motorist sharing fault for the Uber accident. Depending on the circumstances, your claim may involve the Uber driver’s insurance company, Uber’s insurance carrier, and a third party’s insurance company.
Why Choose Us?
Let our legal team sort out all the details of your Uber accident claim. You can depend on us to:
- Investigate the site of the accident
- Obtain and review the police report
- Interview any witnesses, including the Uber driver
- Subpoena the Uber driver’s smartphone, app, and GPS data
- Subpoena Uber’s Safety and accident reports
- Collect medical evidence to support your claim
- Handle all communications with the insurance companies and opposing counsel
We know how to fight back against insurers and will demand full payment of your claim. Trust us to win you the maximum compensation you deserve whether through litigation or negotiation.
How Much Is My Uber Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your Uber accident claim depends on factors such as the extent of your injuries and the Uber driver’s status at the time of the accident. In any event, you may be entitled to significant compensation that includes economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitative costs
- Present and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have lost a loved one in an Uber accident, our wrongful death attorneys can help you obtain compensation for final medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and the loss of financial support and guidance your loved one would have provided. Rest assured, we will stand by you during this difficult time.
The Steps to Take After an Uber Accident
Immediately following an Uber accident, it’s crucial to take the right steps to protect your interests and potential legal claims:
- Check for Injuries: Prioritize your safety and the safety of others involved. Seek medical attention if necessary.
- Contact Authorities: Call the police to report the accident. Their official report can be valuable evidence in your case.
- Gather Evidence: If possible, gather evidence such as photographs of the accident scene, contact information of witnesses, and details of the vehicles involved.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the driver of the other vehicle(s) and the Uber driver.
- Report to Uber: Inform Uber about the accident through the app or their customer support line.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s essential to undergo a medical evaluation. Some injuries might not show symptoms immediately.
- Consult an Attorney: Reach out to our experienced Uber accident lawyer in Los Angeles to discuss your case and understand your legal options.
Contact An Experienced Los Angeles Uber Accident Attorney Today
Hailing a rideshare trip should be safe and convenient, but Uber accidents are on the rise. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, contact Saeedian Law Group for a confidential consultation.