Ridesharing services have become a popular alternative to public transportation in Los Angeles, offering convenient, door-to-door service. With so many Uber and Lyft drivers on the road, ridesharing accidents are on the rise. If you or a loved one has been injured in a ridesharing accident, Saeedian Law Group can help.
Our compassionate, skilled injury attorneys regularly handle ridesharing accidents and will fight to protect your rights. Because rideshare companies are governed by complicated insurance rules, it is essential to have the informed representation our firm provides. We understand your physical and emotional challenges and will charge any attorney’s fees until we obtain compensation for you. The sooner you contact our office for a free consultation, the stronger we can make your case.
Reasons for a Ridesharing Accident in Los Angeles
Ridesharing accidents involve a variety of contributing factors, such as:
- Rideshare companies do not thoroughly check their drivers’ backgrounds. Rideshare drivers are only required to be licensed for one year before they are hired, and are not drug tested or fingerprinted.
- Rideshare drivers work for long periods of time and many have more than one job so they are more prone to fatigue than other drivers.
- Rideshare drivers rely on GPS to navigate and smartphones to connect with passengers, so they are at risk of being distracted.
- Rideshare drivers often travel at high speeds to transport as many customers as possible during a shift.
In addition to rideshare passengers being injured, other drivers and pedestrians can also be injured in rideshare accidents. No matter how you were injured, our experienced Los Angeles rideshare accident attorney will provide you with compassionate, effective legal representation.
Common Rideshare Accident Injuries
Victims of ridesharing accidents can suffer all types of injuries, such as:
- Cuts and bruises
- Strain and sprains
- Broken bones
- Neck and head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
If you have been seriously injured in a ridesharing accident, you deserve all the medical and financial resources you need to recover. This is where Saeedian Law Group can help. We will fight for just compensation and handle all the details of your claim so that you can focus on healing.
How Does Insurance Coverage Work in a Ridesharing Accident?
In short, insurance coverage depends on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the accident:
- Was the rideshare driver logged onto the app and connecting to a passenger?
- Was the rideshare driver traveling to retrieve a passenger?
- Was the driver transporting a passenger to their destination?
If the ridesharing app is off, the driver’s automobile insurance will be the primary source of coverage. If the driver has not connected with a passenger but the app is on, the driver must carry more than the minimum required coverage. Also, the ridesharing company is required to provide $200,000 in additional liability insurance. When a driver is traveling with a passenger, the rideshare company is required to carry a mandatory minimum of $1 million in liability insurance. This will be the primary coverage for damages.
While this sounds complicated, rideshare accident claims become even more complex when they involve a number of defendants. This is just one of the many reasons you should contact Saeedian Law Group for representation regarding your rideshare accident.
Why Choose Us?
We will take the time to learn about your ridesharing accident, explore all your options, and handle all the details, including:
- Investigating the site of the accident
- Obtaining and reviewing police reports
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses, including the rideshare driver
- Subpoenaing the driver’s smartphone app data and rideshare company records
- Negotiating settlement with the rideshare company and their insurance company
If the insurer fails to make a fair and just offer, we will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. Above all, we will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. While no two ridesharing accident claims are the same, however, you may be awarded economic and non-economic damages:
- Economic damages cover your actual financial losses, such as present and future lost wages, medical expenses, rehabilitative costs, and property damage
- Non-economic damages are designed to compensate you for intangible losses like pain and suffering, permanent disability/disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life
Lead attorney Micheal Saeedian has in-depth knowledge of the complex insurance rules governing ridesharing accidents and knows how to fight back against insurance companies. Trust our legal team to stand by you every step of the way and make sure your rights are protected.
Contact An Experienced Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Attorney Today!
No one expects to be injured in a rideshare accident and these accidents often go unreported in the news media. The best way to protect your rights is to work with our experienced rideshare accident attorneys. Contact our office today for a free consultation.