Dedicated and Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
In Southern California, car accidents are all too common. However, what many motorists may not realize is that they are often entitled to financial compensation following an accident—even if they are partially at fault. If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a car collision in California, and you believe someone else was at least partially at fault for the accident, reach out to Saeedian Law Group as soon as possible.
Our Beverly Hills car accident lawyer can evaluate your case and help you understand your legal options. In most instances, you have two years from the date of accident/injury to bring a claim. Don’t delay; contact Saeedian Law Group for a free, no-obligation consultation.
We are available by phone 24/7. Call (310) 288-3000 to speak to a member of our legal team now.
The rule of comparative negligence—which has been adopted in several states, including California—applies to liability in car accidents and other personal injury claims. Under this rule, anyone who is injured in an accident can bring a claim against an at-fault party, even when the injured individual was partially at fault for the accident. The “pure” aspect of California’s pure comparative negligence law allows individuals to file personal injury claims regardless of their level of fault. This is in contrast to other forms of comparative negligence adopted in different states, which dictate that only parties who are less than 50% at fault for an accident may bring personal injury claims.
How it works:
- Your at-fault percentage will be determined by either a judge or jury. For example, if you were using a handheld device, such as a cell phone, while driving and you were hit by another motorist who blew through a stop sign, a jury may determine that you were 30% at fault for the accident, while the other driver was 70% at fault.
- The total amount you may recover for your damages will be reduced by your at-fault percentage. Using the previous example, if your total damages amounted to $10,000, you will only be able to recover up to $7,000 ($10,000 minus your at-fault percentage of 30%, or $3,000).
At Saeedian Law Group, our Beverly Hills car accident lawyer can help you understand how this rule applies in your unique situation. We assist victims of all types of car accidents, including hit-and-run accidents, drunk driving collisions, distracted driving accidents, road rage incidents, and more. With every case, our goal is to help our clients secure the maximum compensation they are owed for their medical expenses, lost wages/income, pain and suffering, disability, and other damages.
What Damages Are Available?
There are three broad categories of damages available in a car accident claim, economic, non-economic, and punitive. Economic damages seek to compensate for quantifiable losses such as medical bills, or days at work. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate for damages that are more abstract such as pain and suffering or mental anguish.
Unlike the first two types of damages, the purpose of punitive damages is to punish the negligent party. In order for this type of damage to be awarded, it must be proved that the defendant knew their actions would most likely cause harm but did so any, for example, a case where an individual was injured by a drunk driver. As such punitive damages are not often awarded.
Put Nearly a Decade of Legal Experience on Your Side
Unfortunately, insurance companies and other liable parties will often seek to take advantage of injured motorists. It is important that you know that you do not have to—nor should you—speak to any insurance adjuster from other driver’s insurance company. Instead, contact an experienced attorney at our firm who can help protect your right to a fair recovery. We don’t just accept the first low offer from the liable insurance company; we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
When you trust Saeedian Law Group, you don’t owe anything unless/until we secure compensation on your behalf. We are available by phone 24/7 and always provide caring, compassionate, and personalized legal services for our clients in Beverly Hills and throughout the surrounding areas.