Experienced Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Were you hit by a car while on foot? Was your loved one killed in a vehicle-pedestrian accident? Saeedian Law Group can help you understand your legal rights and take action aimed at securing the justice and recovery you deserve. With nearly a decade of legal experience, we know how to navigate the legal process, how to negotiate with liable insurance companies, and how to aggressively advocate for you in trial whenever necessary. Our Beverly Hills pedestrian accident attorney, Michael Saeedian, is prepared to fight for you.
What to Do If You Are Hit by a Car or Vehicle while on Foot
Sadly, many pedestrian accidents are fatal. People on foot are simply no match for a large, multi-ton vehicle, whether it’s a car, motorcycle, or truck. Even when pedestrian accidents are relatively “minor,” they can—and often do—result in serious, life-altering injuries. Even an accident with a bicyclist or person on a ride-share scooter can lead to devastating consequences.
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, you should do the following things (to the best of your ability):
- Obtain Medical Treatment: Always seek medical attention as soon as possible after a pedestrian accident, even if you believe you are not injured or that your injuries are insignificant. In some cases, the full extent of your injuries may take hours, days, or even weeks to appear. It is always best to have yourself checked by a qualified medical professional to rule out or treat more serious injuries/complications.
- Contact Local Law Enforcement: After a pedestrian accident, make sure to call the police and have them come out to the scene of the incident. Once they have arrived, local law enforcement officials can take down your statements and fill out a police report indicating what happened.
- Document the Scene of the Accident: If possible, take pictures of the scene of the accident, as well as any injuries you have sustained. If witnesses are present, make sure to take down their statements of what occurred. Over time, memories of what happened can fade, making it more difficult to prove liability in your case. It is important that you gather as much evidence as possible as soon as possible to better the chance of a favorable outcome.
- Get the Other Person’s Information: Record the name, phone number, address, and insurance information of the other person/people involved in the accident. Avoid saying anything to them that may be construed as admitting fault (such as apologizing or indicating that you were in any way at fault).
- Refrain from Speaking to the Other Person’s Insurance Company: If you are contacted by an insurance adjuster from the other involved party’s insurance provider, you do not have to give them any information or make a recorded statement. These insurance adjusters often use intimidation or take advantage of the ordinary individual’s lack of awareness about the accident process and will try to get you to make a statement that they can later use to devalue or deny your claim.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney: After a pedestrian accident, the best thing you can do to protect your rights and help ensure that you receive fair compensation for your damages is to speak to an experienced personal injury attorney. At Saeedian Law Group, we have the resources and skill to represent you.
Contact Our Firm for a Free Consultation
Saeedian Law Group provides personalized legal representation for victims of all types of accidents, including pedestrian accidents. We are available by phone 24/7 and can always answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. Our Beverly Hills pedestrian accident lawyer can serve as the dedicated legal advocate you need.